Monday, November 5, 2007

The bike trainer is the treadmill of the cycling world.

I spent 90 minutes of my life today, watching the movie Equilibrium and "spinning" I guess you'd call it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. But then, I was thinking it'd be pretty bad.

I chose Equilibrium because it's a movie I didn't have to think about while I was watching, and the fight scenes are prettily choreographed. And I think watching it along side "Through a Scanner Darkly" may be as unwise as watching my "Crash" and "Million Dollar Baby" double feature.

But I spun, and it was okay, and the movie progressed as it should. And if I'm able to do it twice a week, or more, I may be able to start next season better able to bike than I left off last.

I still need to figure out how to get my swimming in, however. I really has been weeks since last I was in water. Ah well, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Are there any health clubs around that have pools and halfway affordable memberships? Or local community colleges with rec. centers you could join? That would be my suggestion.

Unknown said...

I have one of those heinous hamster wheels in my basement for my road bike as well..I look at my running shoes, look at the wheel, and decide until old man winter forces me inside the shoes will pound the pavement and the air will sink out of those tires. :)