Monday, July 7, 2008

Hungry Duck Half- the return to duckland!

2nd annual Hungry Duck Run in Brighton, MI. It just so happened that I was able to come home on Thursday, run the race on Friday, and do a few more nostalgic type runs on Saturday and Sunday. Oh, and hang out with family. But that's not the focus of this blog, right? ;)

Anyway, it was a perfect day for a race- mid 50s, a little wind, crisp and beautiful. PR weather, as a good friend of mine called it. And it seemed to be exactly that... three of us who ran the half got PRs; I improved my half marathon time by 5 minutes, which was kind of nice.

I went out with the idea that I'd shoot for a 7:30-7:40 pace for the first half, and then cut it down to a 7:25-7:20 pace for the second half. They way it worked was I did the first half in ~49 minutes, and the second half in ~48. Meaning a 7:25/7:15 split, in rough terms. Wish is pretty good, when all is said and done. And quite pleasing, really.

It got my a 3rd AG award, which was nice. But it would've landed me in 7th if I were 35 rather than 34. So, as I've often stated in the past: "I'd better get faster before I get older"

Yay fun races!

No comments: