Sunday, June 22, 2008

Week in Review

Today I started training for the Triple Lakes 40 Mile. it was a good week, and having something for which to train makes all the difference in the world.

Let me see...

M- rest
Tu- 6
W- 6.25
Th- 8.25
F- 9.0
Sa- rest
Su- 6.75

Total of 36.25 miles in 5:24:14; an average pace of 8:57. it's a lot easier to run these days with heat only being in the 80s.

My plan for next week is to run 38-40 miles, all things going well. I have my VO2 max test on Thursday, which may screw up my group run with Godiva. But thems the breaks. If I'm lucky, I might be able to get there in time to catch up, if I push hard enough. I will almost certainly catch them on the way back, if everything goes well. If the test doesn't take too much out of me.

I guess that'll be my speed workout. I might do some speed play between now and then. But only a few pick ups just to remind my body that it can go fast.

No comments: