Friday, August 17, 2012

Thursdays

The thing about thursdays: there's a group run that starts near a couple of rail-trails. If I time it right, I can do both.

Also, I seem to be on the tues/thurs/sat schedule for weight training.

Take this all together, and Thursday becomes my heavy workout day; about an hour for weights, an hour with the group and 2.5-3 biking on the rail trail. And a lot of sore feeling today.

Some thoughts from weight training:
deep knee squats are a bad idea, I think. No injuries, by my quads are in pretty rough shape.

What happened to my lats? I used to be able to do 20 pull ups. Now I'm lucky if I can do two with good form.

I need to do more "V" up type exercises. A half dozen of those were harder on my abs than two dozen crunches.

Some thoughts on biking:
2" of sand is rough going.
I really need to make sure I research the map.
Take more water. And things to eat. And maybe even something to listen to.

Some thoughts on running:
I don't know if it was because of all the biking and weight training before, or that I haven't been running hard this summer, but running at an 8-8:15 pace was really stressing out my heart. Right around the 30 minute mark I went from 170s to 190s, and that's not really all that great of a sign.

It could mean I'm out of shape. It could also mean that I went into atrial tachycardia. Or both. Neither of which would really surprise me.

All well. Something to watch in the future, I suppose. :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: