Thursday, June 19, 2008

Excitement

I'm getting excited about running in a way I haven't been in a while.

Goals are a nice thing. New PRs, new distances, new experiences- they have a way of getting the juices flowing. Even though this has been a year of new for me- I really haven't been intensely excited about much of anything since Umstead in March. Not coincidentally, that was when I last updated this blog.

Even though I've run and done well in a number of races, I wasn't really deeply excited about them... I knew I could PR in the half marathon. I knew I could finish an Olympic distance tri. They were more just things to fill up the time.

But I'm far more excited about the possibility of doing a 40 mile trail run in October than I have been about... well... many things. I think I'm more excited to go home July 4 weekend. But it's very different.

I'm not wholly sure if I can do it.
I'm going to be very excited to try.

No comments: