Thursday, June 19, 2008

VO2 max with LT

So I signed up for a VO2 max test with lactate balance. They may even be able to hook me up to a EKG for kicks and to see if my heart might want to flip into a-fib.

it's pretty exciting... I'm thinking I'll probably test in the 40s somewhere. I push against the O2 deprivation spot pretty easily and regularly even when running an "easy" run.

it's funny- they fellow with whom I talked to in order to set up the eval is someone that I fitted into shoes. He really likes them, so it appears that I did a satisfactory job.

I want this to help me in my training for the 40 miler.
I want to have an excellent training cycle and do it again in six months to see if there are any improvements.
I want it to be an enlightening experience, and a lot of fun, too.
But, as with everything, I'll take what I can get. :)

No comments: