Thursday, September 16, 2010

Some thoughts while on the trail...

I love running in the rain.

Frogs are really kind of weird looking. I'm really glad I didn't step on one of the dozen or so I saw hanging out in the puddles.

Saw a rock about the size of a dinner plate. Realized it was a snapping turtle. Happy that I didn't scream like a little girl.

I live running though mud, as long as I'm in five fingers. I still shy away from doing it from time to time, and I have no idea why.

I stopped in the middle of the run, thinking of all the things to be thankful for. Wind on my face sand between my toes. A niece with a new liver, and that the surgery went well. A mom with cataracts being removed, and that that surgery went well. Being able to run four miles without a second thought. A job that I enjoy most of the time. School, because learning is fun on a lot of levels.

Toys like an iPad and contact lenses. Enough food that I have to worry about overeating. Shelter that keeps me warm when it's cold, cool when it's hot, and the power to change things around if I so desire.

The world is a far less threatening place during a run. And it's easier to be grateful when in motion.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: