Monday, January 31, 2011

1/24 week in training

Well, another week went by, and it was good. Training was fun, and not too strenuous. 40 miles, plus or minus, with about two hours on the bike trainer thrown in for good measure.

A couple of interesting things:

Heart rate- was running with the Novi running fit group, and it turned into a tempo run. The speed was okay (7:45s or so) but my heart rate was pretty high for the last mile. I averaged 194, with a high of 204. I've been that high before, but only at the end of a goal race. And especially not at a pace that slow...

I've been under the weather for the past couple of weeks; nothing serious, just a cold. I was 90% over it before this weekend, but I think the running Saturday and Sunday may have depressed my immune system enough to let the viruses catch their breath. Oh well, it happens.

I've started to feel a minor ache at what feels like the metatarsal/phalange joint of my third toe, left foot. About a one on the pain scale, but I feel it while I'm walking around, and I'm a trifle worried it'll change my gait. Anyway, I'm just writing about it here to reference in case I ever need to do a history about it. :P

Next week looks good, too; maybe 45 miles, same about of biking, strength training twice in the week, and the Superbowl 5k on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: