Monday, August 23, 2010

Weekly recap

last week- a step down week, and the last free weekend from races for the next couple.  I'm pretty excited about the Crim this Saturday, but even moreso for the Labor day 30K the week after.  But I digress...

Monday's run was with the group, mostly with L, and it was good.  I reflected on the fact that maintaining a nine minute pace wasn't nearly as easy as it used to be.

Tuesday I got up, thought about going to speed work, and skipped it.  My body felt a little to tired from four days straight of running, and I was feeling like I was coming down with something.  I think it might be allergies, though, so I could be wrong.

Wednesday was group run, and it was good!  Mostly let... um... I forgot who set the pace, but it was relatively brisk.

Friday was a not-so-fun run at Kensington.  I don't know if it was the extra weight from the backpack, the fact that the water made me feel sick, or just the heat that killed me, but it was *not* a fun run.  Walked a good chunk of it, doing 10 miles in 2:09 or so, if I remember right.  13 min/mile... I did better four years ago when i was training for Detroit on my own.  Bah.

Sunday was the exact opposite- trails with five fingers, only four miles, no extra weight, and it was significantly cooler.  So, ya'know.  That was better.  :)

I really don't know whether I'm going to be able to do well for the Labor Day 30K; it'll be going from a max run of 10 miles to one of 18.6, which is a huge step up.  If I'm smart, I'll run it with L and W (different L), take it easy, walk the hills, and have a good time.  Without any danger of injuring myself.

Perhaps I'll be able to do that for the first 10 miles, and then for the last half of it see where my body wants to take me.  I do wish I had gotten a 12, 14, and 16 mile runs in prior.  But such is life.  Hopefully I won't hurt myself too badly...

No comments: