Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl 5K pre race jitters

It's been a while since I've had pre race jitters.  Partially because I didn't really care about any races I've done in the not too distant past.... there were just things to do.  Come what may, it didn't really effect me one way or the other.  I ran, I tried to enjoy myself, and to not to do anything too stupid.  Sometimes it worked out, other times... not so much.

But I kind of have hopes for this race- that it'll tell me how I'm doing in my training.  It'd be really nicely helpful if I'm able to tweak my paces either up or down, and I'd really like to be able to think that I'm stronger than I was three months ago.

But there's a big difference between a half marathon and a 5K- and I'm a lot better at the former.  And so I'm thinking too much about the race- tactics and plans and wondering what I'll do afterward to get my weekly miles in, if I choose to complete them.  It's messing up my sleep, and now I'm looking at getting only five hours, rather than the seven I had planned.

But I'm excited about the race, and that's kind of cool.

No comments: