Sunday, March 21, 2010

15 down and three left to go- taper time!

Not quite true; I feel like my taper started two weeks ago when I topped out on miles.  But that's another story...

Week went pretty well.  I'm starting to have problems fitting in all the miles that I want to do in the number of miles Daniels' suggests at this point in my training.  Group runs are great, and I have the Q workouts, and all that, but 49 miles just doesn't seem to be enough in a week.

funny that.  49 miles is quite a few.  But it is quite wonderful to have many different group runs to choose from.

Anyway, it was a pretty good week of running- I haven't done anything too stupid, I hope.  The 14.5 miles of five finger running may have been a bit of a mistake.  I feel more sore this week than I have in quite a while.  I'm certainly moving around a bit more stiffly than I have over the past few weeks.  But it's just such fun to run through mud and trail with them!

Guy I was running with talked about running in a sport kilt.  sounded interesting... I may have to think about getting one, just for fun.  If I ever do SCA stuff like Pennsic again, It may be worth the money.  Especially if I can run in fivefingers, a kilt, and nothing else.  :)  I imagine I'd turn a few heads, if I'm lucky.

Next week, I've got another tempo/interval run, and a 19 mile marathon pace run (four miles total of warm up/cool down).  49 miles again.  we'll see how it goes! 

No comments: